Thursday, October 7, 2010

Oh, just tornadoes. And stuff.

Tornadoes? Really? Craziness. Yesterday's storms brought at least 4 confirmed touchdowns in a town close to us as well as tornado warnings all day long. http://www.azdailysun.com/news/local/article_5572745f-2d40-5bd4-bcc3-b52f678a90c4.html. At one point there were two large storms with "strong rotation" heading our direction, so we headed toward the hall bathroom- the safest place in our house. We hung out for about half an hour, eating crackers, singing Jingle Bells and reading Charlotte's Web. The storms both passed by us fortunately, so on with life (and a bit of paranoia of storms).
Anyway, last Friday was our last really warm day, and Christian took some pictures of the kids, including some of Anne and Elijah who are both riding the bike without training wheels now! So here's a video (very rudimentary) slide show of our last day of "Summer" (until we get hit with and Indian Summer, of course). The song we dedicate to Auntie Grace- may she feel better soon and someday find out the answer... :)
The new cool weather has brought a nasty cold/cough for me, which I think I'm finally seeing the end of- I've been feeling pretty rotten for a week now, but was actually up for a light workout this morning. We'll see if that kills me. It's been pretty amusing seeing what a hypochondriac I really am. The first day I thought I was getting tonsillitis or strep. Then it moved up and I was sure I was getting a sinus infection. Then it moved back down and I was sure I was getting pneumonia. Hahaha! Oh well. The Lord is gracious and compassionate. :) While feeling rotten I managed to do "The Grand Clothes Sort". Almost. I've got all the kids' clothes changed out for Fall clothes, keeping a few Summer things out for good measure. Now I've just got to sort my clothes. To distract us during the tornado scariness yesterday I made tomato paste (never again) and a "pumpkin" pie, made out of our Buttercup squash. Of course it wasn't ready when the recipe said it should be, so we couldn't eat it last night, but we are looking forward with great anticipation to trying it tonight! Here are a few pics for the road...
 The twins in their amazingly bright clothes, picked out by their big sister

Good thing those drawer slides are tough! They've been known to be discovered both sitting in one drawer, looking at books. 




Red hot chili peppers anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I'll take the peppers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your kids (especially the twins) look BIG! I love catching up on your life- thanks for sharing it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete