Elijah is 4 years old today! We had a "lumberjack party" to celebrate with some family on Saturday (happy birthday Dad and Philip!). Basically all that it meant was that there was an awful lot of flannel to be seen- took me right back to my Soph. year of high school. Anyway, I made a slideshow for him to the tune of Wild Thing (very appropriate for this little boy) and he actually got a Wild Thing stuffed monster from his Auntie Ya Ya and Uncle Caleb. To watch the slideshow make sure you pause the music at the bottom of the blog. :) Oh yeah, we had "Fancy Friday" dinner to practice the manners we've been learning for school- it was fun and the kids definitely caught us grown-ups doing some faux-pas! My favorite quote of the evening was when Peter got up from the table at the end and I said, "Peter, you didn't ask to be excused." He looked at me very confused and said, "Well, I didn't burp!" :) While I'm mentioning funny quotes, the other day while we were at Ya Ya's, Elijah was sulking because the other kids didn't want to play catch with him. I suggested that he bounce the ball really high and try to catch it himself. He came back with, "But I might fall on my back and KEEL mysewlf!"
Christian made a chain saw for E
It's a family tradition to wrap birthday presents in towels- easy wrapping and cheap too! :)




Very cute! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletejodi
Ahhh! My kids all each had an character (stuffed) from Where the Wild Things Are book! I love the illustrations! Happy Birthday to Elijah!
ReplyDelete