This year I finally learned my lesson and cleaned the house (the yearly dusting) the day BEFORE decorating! It actually was also great in that cleaning day was warm and sunny and decorating day was cold and snowy! Quite conducive to the mood.
This year I let go of control- and let the kids put on all the ornaments. I've even mostly let them stay put!
I did draw the line at the garland though. Not quite ready to let that one go. :)
Our no-break African nativity set- the way the kids set it up, all the men were gathered in a circle around Mary and baby Jesus. I think if I were Mary I would have yelled, "Back off, will you?!!"
I LOVE pulling out the Christmas ornaments- my mom bought/made us kids an ornament every year of our lives, so when we left home for college we each had our own little stash! They probably had to splurge and get some new ones after we were all out, since their tree was probably pretty barren by then! :) This particular pig ornament was from high school, when I went through a pig-loving phase.
At over 4 1/2 feet tall now, my 8 year old can almost reach the top of the tree. He also has the same size feet as two of his aunties. Yikes.
Elijah is very satisfied with the results. :) He made one branch the "mouse branch"- all the mice ornaments he could find. :)






The kids put all their ornaments on the tree themselves this year too. We were tired. I didn't put any of mine on until a couple days later. And then there wasn't a lot of room. B/C I give them an ornament a year too (just like my mom did). :)
ReplyDelete