Thursday, May 5, 2011

Nothing Terribly Exciting

 Happy Head Lettuce


 Happy Onions (they always remind me of Holes)


 Why do I even bother telling the kids to put the shoes on, even for playing tag?

 Our peeps aren't quite so cute and fluffy at just over 3 weeks old, and they've moved out to the "barn"- hopefully we'll get everything finished for them in the next couple of weeks! I'm pretty sure that at least a couple of them are cockerels, even though they're supposed to all be pullets. I guess we'll find out in the next few weeks!

I tried making strawberry jam for the first time since a failed attempt when I was 10 or 11. I didn't have any pectin, so I threw in some apple and it seems to be a fine consistency for me- not too syrupy, but not too gelatin-y.
 I think the rest of the family thinks it's ok, too. 
I'll hopefully have some funner (more fun?) pictures in the next few days!

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe you have lettuce grwoing already! Love seeing nice growing gardens! And jam already?? You have strawberries growing there already? The weather is struggling to break out ONE sunny day here to let me plant anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lettuce is in a "tunnel" and Christian started those back in January, I think. The strawberries have just been on sale lately- our strawberry plants have been frozen and eaten by caterpillars, so I don't know that we'll get any this year. :( Send some of that rain down here- it's crazy dry! Our "rainy day" yesterday got us 1/4 inch. Which was better than nothing. :)

    ReplyDelete