Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Family Fall Festival


I'm so not into pumping the kids full of sugar if I can help it (yes, I'm a Halloween snob, Kaci ;) ), especially when we're already fighting colds, so we bribed our kids to be happy staying home on Halloween by putting on our own little festival- using loose change as the prizes instead of candy. We started out with a fun dinner of soup in bread bowls and then we all got dressed up and had a great time! We were also the "Scrooges" of the street by giving away apples to the few trick-or-treaters who came by. Silly holiday, in my opinion, but it was a fun excuse to have to family fun!

 Bobbing for Apples!










Little Kitty- we did a little face painting, too


Sack Races!



Tape the Nose on the Pumpkin


Put the Band-Aid on the Wounds
(made by Peter, inspired by our church's harvest festival a few years ago)



Bean bag Toss


Miss Prairie Home Companion on Steroids? 
At least the pie was good. :)

3 comments:

  1. fun! and I'm fighting a cold too . . . without the Vitamin C placbo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pin-the-band-aids on the wounds...that's one I haven't heard yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I made that band-aid game at the Harvest Party, so I am just all proud now that I was sort of mentioned twice in your blog. I'm so vain. And actually, after some lame trick-or-treating and the stress of a busy church carnival, I actually said that the kids probably would have had more fun playing the games at home with us...so good job, Aimee! Maybe we'll join you in that tradition next year!

    ReplyDelete