Doggone it, I just can't afford to pay $18 for one head band from a relative of a friend- even if it is REALLY cute. So I decided to give it a go making my own- relatively simple, surprisingly. Not as cute as the others, but I think they're still quite do-able. It helps that the girlies under the head bands are awfully cute! :)
And a giant carrot.




Those headbands look great! I wanna learn (now I have headband envy)! Good job (and I really can't imagine how much cuter the original ones you saw were because of how good those turned out)
ReplyDeleteHoly shmolies! That is the biggest carrot I have ever seen! Maybe you should put it into the Guiness Book of World Records!!!!
ReplyDeleteTirzah's looks like an eyeball. I approve.
ReplyDeleteLove the headbands. And geeky fact: during the making of Lord of the Rings, the props team traveled New Zealand far and wide to find the biggest veggies they could so the hobbit actors would look small in comparison. Bet that carrot would've made the cut!
ReplyDeleteThat carrot is UNreal! what did you do to make it grow sooo big!!!??
ReplyDeleteNExt blog: How to make headbands :-) They are cute...but do they STAY in the hair? My girls have trouble with kkeping the headbands on the head.
We just left the carrot in the ground! Well, and they're covered in a tunnel now to keep the snow out...
ReplyDeleteThe headbands would stay in the hair if they would leave them in, but the little ones just pull them off after a few minutes usually. It's all just fabric, with a piece of elastic connecting the two ends.