Monday, February 6, 2012

Psalm 63

Remember in the last post where I said Christian and I were tryyyying not to get the twins' "cold"? Well, we failed. We have both been completely flattened this last week. Whereas last week I felt like southern Nevada, this is what I currently feel like...
This cold is not an ordinary cold. It's affecting each of us in our family differently- for me it means that I have a constant tickle in my throat which means a constant cough which keeps me from sleeping much at all. It means a very sore throat that often feels like someone is choking me as it just gets tighter and tighter. My voice sounds harsh. At least I can't yell at the kids. I went in to the doctor this morning, who couldn't really tell me what was wrong- probably a virus, but maybe bacterial? So I came home with antibiotics, cough syrup with codeine, and an inhaler. Oy. I've been drinking probably 4-5 liters of water a day- not including all the tea, which for me borders on the miraculous (normanlly I struggle to get even 1 liter down!). But it's become a necessity- the only thing that can help me stop my coughing fits. I know I'm not exactly in the "Valley of Death" per se, but I want so much to need God and His Word like I need my water bottle these days. I know I need water, but when I'm feeling good, I'm more than happy to fill my thirst with coffee or tea or smoothies- instead of going for the pure good stuff. I want this prayer of David's to be my prayer:
O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with the
richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you are feeling crummy. Feeling bad is bad enough, coupled with trying to keep a large household managed...can't even imagine! My heart and prayers go out to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite Psalms - and Casting Crowns has a rendition of it you can borrow sometime.

    ReplyDelete