I'm needing to remember to be thankful today, so here it goes...
I'm thankful the twins usually love each other. Even if they physically cannot both look at the camera and smile at the same time. I'm also thankful that I saved these African dresses from when they fit Anne.
I'm thankful for God's strength enabling me to "run" 27 minutes out of 30- so far! I'm "training" for a 5K next month to benefit a friend who's battling cancer. I've never been a runner, but used to dream of running when I was pregnant with the twins. I enjoy it and am really learning to rely on God for each step! I guess that I can be thankful for my tendonitis in my ankles for that reason, too...
I'm thankful for our "new" couches!
I'm thankful for the stomach flu that has hit our house, because....
It reminds me that I really do love my kids very much even when I have a complete FAIL moment when I snap and yell loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear that I hate being a mom.
I'm thankful for failure. It humbles me like nothing else can. It makes me cry out to God to forgive me, change me, and not let the enemy have victory over me. So while I HATE failing, I am thankful for it in the end.
I'm thankful for this kid. I am. I need to take more pictures in my heart of the many sweet things he says and does. And I need to get an automatic erase function for the many hurtful, selfish things I hear- not just from him and not just directed to me.
I'm thankful that God is not finished with any of us.
I'm thankful for growth outside as well. Spring has the tendency to stress me out with the high winds and late freezes that can decimate the new, green life I get so excited to see. But I'm thankful for the life that makes it!
I'm thankful for an innovative husband who doesn't let a little thing like not having a permit yet stop him from going forward in gardening.
I'm thankful for the boots I got for Peter for $1 at Laura's yard sale.
I'm thankful that one of the twins can now pedal in the right direction! One step closer to being able to go for family bike rides!
I'm thankful that the dress I made for Anne worked out well without too many issues!
I'm thankful for the patience God has taught me through sewing. Every time, I now expect to run out of bobbin thread about 3-4 inches before I want it to. So when it does (so far, every time), I'm able to laugh instead of grumble.
I'm (*wince*) thankful that my dishwasher is broken again. My kitchen is never cleaner than when my dishwasher's broken. I absolutely HAVE to keep up with the dishes if I don't want to completely lose my sanity after the next meal. When I have a functioning dishwasher, I have a tendency to load it and save the big stuff for later and later.... So, I'm thankful.
My verse for the day:
Lamentations 3:21-23
"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end;
They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."
Welcome, Wednesday!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Thanks for all the good perspective and openness, Aimee. I am failing massively in some areas right now (mostly having to do with work), and I think I need to be more thankful. For a good husband that pretty much did everything for me yesterday when I was too depressed to be productive, for the job I still have, for new opportunities...yes, there is much to be thankful for! Also, soon I'd like to get together with Anne to do some ballet lessons before we leave in August. Can we pick a Saturday afternoon for the near future? You can email me for more specific arrangements. :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat post!
ReplyDelete