Wednesday, August 14, 2013

1st Day of School- for 5!

Today started the 1st day of the rest of my life... well, maybe not. But it is kind of intimidating to know that I'm now homeschooling 5 kids in 4 different grades! BUT it dawned on me that I've been homeschooling for 7 years now, so it's ok. I can handle this. Right??? By the grace of God at any rate!

Ready?

 Set...



 Learn!
 "Everything is Matter"



 When school's done for the littles, it's time to play!

 I'm really excited about History this year! I completely forgot to do state history with Peter in 4th grade (I never did state history growing up since I lived in Africa, so it never crossed my mind until this summer), so we're changing around his class schedule, and he and Anne are both doing it this year! Part of the class is making Arizona notebooks to contain all the fun stuff they'll learn about. Being two firstborns (personality-wise), they were both just giddy with excitement at getting to label the dividers! They colored their own AZ flags to decorate the fronts and designed their own name labels for the sides of the binders. This is the first time ever that I can remember that when asked by Daddy, "How was your 1st day of school?" Peter actually answered, "Awesome!"




Day 1, success. :)

1 comment:

  1. In the second kids pic, the silly faces, Anne looks uncannily like Quasimodo.
    You don't have to tell her I said so. :-)

    ReplyDelete