Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Life Kicking In

We have 2 weeks of school under our belts and our first cold of the season- seems mild so far at least. Last week Christian was gone on a tour, so we hunkered down and just did life.

 School! C made dividers for P and A so they can be a little less distracted by the others.

 E is facing a rude awakening having to do 6 subjects this year instead of 3. Math is his strong suit, reading is his worst enemy right now.

 Friday nights are our special family nights. With Daddy gone, we watched the Apple Dumpling Gang, so I braved it and made apple dumplings for the first time- yum!

T and B have been doing the 6 days of creation to start out their year.
 On the 6th day, God made animals and man and woman! They both made giraffes, but it's interesting to see how differently they draw things! B included a rainbow above Adam in her picture, T made the sky raining. And Eve apparently had a button-down top on. Either that, or lots of belly buttons?

 The number pictures reinforce the actual numbers while teaching the story. I've finally learned over the years to not care that they're coloring things the "wrong" colors. It's all good.

We finished off the week making a welcome home sign(s) for Daddy

Here are a few pictures from the tour...
Montezuma's Castle

 Flaky mud. Reminded me of shaved chocolate, of course!

 Monument Valley

Goblin Valley

 And just a cool, spooky moon-behind-a-black-tree picture. I expected to see Angela Lansbury flying by on her broom before I remembered she gave that up at the end of the movie (Bedknobs and Broomsticks).

1 comment:

  1. We were out by the campfire one of those nights and I tried to take a picture of the full moon peeking out between the trees with my less-than-fabulous camera. Failure. But I consoled myself knowing that Christian was bound to get a bunch of great moon pictures on his tour!

    ReplyDelete