Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Made to Create

One really cool way that we are made in the image of God, is that we are made with an amazing desire to create! A friend of ours is in the hospital, so the kids painted him some pictures this morning...

 From Anne, her specialty is "creating" eyes. 
This morning she announced, "I want to be an artist like Marmie when I grow up!"

From Berea- a very detailed "creator"

 from Peter- this was big for him- watercolors are a more ambiguous medium than he's generally comfortable with. He is incredibly precise when he uses a pencil.

And from Tirzah- our colorful "creator" who can be detailed as well...

Here are a few other things we've done...
 both of these were Tirzah's


This is Peter's from awhile ago

Elijah made these silly eggshell planter things for a science project- he drew faces on broken egg shells, filled them with garden soil, planted seeds, watered...now the faces have funny hair!

2 comments:

  1. Those are great! Gives me hope that my kids will develop past single-color scribbles all over the paper! That was very ingenious of Elijah! Did you tell him about Chia Pets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we tried a chia pet once that someone gave us- it's just too dry here! The idea for the eggshells was in his science book. :) And I didn't post the paintings that the twins did that are basically just solid gray. :)

    ReplyDelete