For those excited about the gelato recipe, here's a link to the one I used:
This can also be used with lactose-free milk, Laura! Oh, and I read somewhere that another difference between ice cream and gelato is that ice cream is supposed to have more air whipped into it during preparation. So really, you don't actually need an ice cream maker to make gelato- just stir it by hand a few times while it's freezing. I did tweak this recipe in one way and that is that I didn't use the additional baker's chocolate- I only used the cocoa powder. Still has plenty of chocolatey-goodness kick! Oh, I also used all vanilla instead of some Kahlua 'cause unfortunately I'm all out of Kahlua. Either one helps keep the gelato from freezing solid. If you don't mind it freezing solid, or if you want to use dissolved gelatin or cornstarch instead, I think those would work.
Enjoy!
Thanks!
ReplyDelete