Thursday, October 9, 2014

Bryce!

We just got back from a quick trip to Bryce Canyon (tho it's technically not a canyon, but a series of amphitheaters...I digress)! Christian had a 3 hour tour, so we took 3 days! Ok, well, two days of driving and one day of touring. :) This was my first time visiting Bryce and my first time actually going on a tour with Christian! Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for taking on all the kiddos!


 Man, we look old in this picture. But at least we look old together- that's pretty awesome.


 Small hike to "Mossy Cave" which we don't have pictures of, but here's a small waterfall on the way. The whole creek was actually a canal dug out by mormon pioneers.


 Pardon my amateur photography, but I liked the scenery and got to hold the camera this time... 

 These awe-inspiring rock formations are called hoodoos. Hoo noo? Did you?



 A bonus was the leaves changing color everywhere- I LOVE Fall. Until the leaves fall anyway. :)


 Ok, this is as close to any edge of anything that you'll ever see me. Unless it's a crazy zip line and you happened to be with me (Laura). 'Cause I'm not sure that's ever going to happen again! :) I don't like heights. Have I mentioned that?

 Aaaaa- so cool! Everyone needs to hear Christian's geologic speal. Seriously.

I also loved this tree! It was hanging off the edge of the cliff and do you see that root going up the side? Yeah, that's its root system. I feel like that's a pretty good representation of our life right now- just hanging on to Jesus for dear life! And the cool thing is that it isn't the strength of our faith that holds us- it's the strength of the Rock himself. And that is something to remember.

1 comment:

  1. heeheehee. But seriously, you look good in those pictures!

    ReplyDelete