So we went to the "regular" doctor to get Tirzah's stitches out- Monday. He was able to scrape away glue and snip stitches- T did amazingly well I thought. Until. There was one pesky stitch left that didn't come out with the scissors, so he pulled out...THE TWEEZERS. Tirzah does not have happy memories of tweezers. Like the time she had a huge splinter in her foot that was getting infected and we had to hold her down screaming...Yeah.
So the doctor pulls out these ginormous tweezers (literally like 6 inches long) and Tirzah FREAKS out. He even had me try to pull this stitch out, even though it was pulling her skin with it. I got so dizzy. Long story short, we couldn't get it and he sent us home with instructions to use hot washcloths and ointment and hopefully it would loosen up enough for us to get it out. If not, report the next day when Peter had his appt. (different story).
Well, the thing wouldn't budge. Daddy even tried pulling it to the point where it started to bleed a tiny bit. Not cool. I called our neighbor Janet (the NP) and asked her if we could just leave it to work itself out. She promised to come over the next afternoon (Tues.) and check it out.
Tuesday came, I took Peter to his appointment and left Tirzah and the rest with Auntie Yaya. I just couldn't bear the thought of what I thought the doctor might do- pull out the lidocaine shots, yank out the stitch flesh and all...I could almost hear Tirzah screaming and bleeding. Ugh. Nope, not doing that.
All afternoon my stomach got worse and worse with worry to the point where I thought maybe I was just getting sick! I couldn't concentrate on anything, so finally I said to myself, "Fine. At least sit down and do your Bible reading while you're waiting for Janet, even if it is only in Exodus (not known for it's amazing encouragements...)." I'm reading through the Bible chronologically in a year- hopefully- and I happened to be in Exodus 14. The Israelites have just escaped Egypt, but have just seen Pharoah's army coming after them in the distance. They are freaking out. vs. 13 "Moses answered the people, 'Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. vs. 14 The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." That last phrase "You need only be still" went through my thick head one more time. That exact moment, there was a knock at the door- Janet!
To shorten the story, Janet says the stitch hasn't actually been clipped (what?!) and that's all it should need. She holds Tirzah, I clip the stitch with nail scissors and it comes out SO easy just with my fingers! Wow, thank you God!
And so the end of the lip saga!
Stay tuned for pictures of all the girls with bangs, and the new baby chicks should be showing up any moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment