It's true. God really does have a sense of humor. So, Christian doesn't like domestic animals, a.k.a. dogs. I like dogs, or at least I've always wanted one since I left mine in Africa. So the last few months I've been kind of subversively praying that God might have an animal that needs help just show up in our yard. I didn't exactly specify what kind of animal, but I figured God knew I was thinking of a dog/puppy. I figured Christian might be open if it was just there and needed help (yes, this happened once before and we didn't have a fence, so it didn't work anyway. And I'm a slow learner).
So, Friday evening Christian comes home from work and calls me outside where there's a lost animal that needs help! And here's where God's sense of humor comes in- it was a chicken. So I figure it was His way of saying "Ok, I'll let you rescue an animal, but I still want you to stick with chickens!"
So, meet Foundy, our new feather-legged, grumpy friend. :)
In other news, our garden is super happy!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Ok, further proof of a sense of God's humor- turns out the new chicken is a rooster! Ha!
ReplyDelete