Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Field Trip to City Hall

I was so nervous about taking my kids on a field trip to city hall! Possible parallel parking! Crossing streets downtown! The formality of city hall with my 5 crazy kids! 
As usual, worrying didn't make any difference. Everything was just great! 
(sorry about the picture quality, I think I need to clean the lens on my phone)

We had a great guide! In the council chambers she had a mock session where 3 kids (Elijah and Berea were 2) presented why they thought the kids should vote for their positions, then they held an anonymous paper vote, except when Berea hollered out when her vote was counted. :)

 The kids got to sit in the council members chairs!
 Anne made a motion that the city get a cannon and shoot out ice cream for everyone- just about everyone on this council approved. :)

 Mayor Jerry Nabours took quite a bit of time to talk with the kids and made each question seem important. He even asked them to vote on a current issue about backyard livestock in city limits! 
All in all, I'm glad we went!

No comments:

Post a Comment