Thursday, April 15, 2010
April 14th
All day yesterday I kept thinking that April 14th was supposed to be remembered for something and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. In the evening I was reading a John MacArthur devotional thing that was talking about facing trials, and I began thinking about the biggest trial I've yet endured-my miscarriage a year and a half ago- and suddenly it dawned on me that April 14th (of last year, obviously) was that baby's due date. Part of me wishes that I could've just forgotten that, but at the same time I think it's good to remember God's faithfulness and sovereignty. I still ache to hold that baby even though God has blessed me enormously with two little babies to be able to hold now, two little babies I would never have known had I not miscarried the last. So many conflicting emotions. And yet, blessed be the name of the Lord! Time to get some sleep before those two little blessings start waking up with teething and colds!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you have been blessed even in your pain. Someday even that will turn to joy :-)
ReplyDeleteWanted to thank you for posting your joys and pains, even conflicting emotions, as they can encourage so many! Also, thank you so much for your willingess and vulnerability to send me that email which is meant to be encouraging and spiritually uplifting as well!!
ReplyDelete