The fire is well over 14,000 acres now, but is 25% contained (which is good). Here's our new view- blackened and smoky. :(
Yesterday the kids and I painted Peter's loft bed and the wall underneath (to hide all the drawings and dried boogers on the wall mostly). I survived when Elijah started painting the wrong wall and I survived when I discovered paint all over the bathroom and kitchen from cleaning up. I even survived when I discovered that paint had leaked through the drop cloths onto the carpet. Tips for survival: Comet powder works wonders for removing paint from walls, toilets, cabinets, etc. Scissors work great for removing dried paint from carpet (shh- don't tell Christian). Fingernails and shower puff things work decently for removing dried paint from children. Conditioner actually works great for removing dried paint from hair.
Related to painting yesterday...while moving the computer desk we found Elijah's water bottle that's been missing for well over 2 months! It was really driving me crazy, as I KNEW it was in the house somewhere and had even looked under the desk several times. I even dreamed about finding it. So we are all (at least Elijah and I) rejoicing.
Yesterday one of our petunias bloomed! This is a matter of great pride as C started these indoors back in March. We didn't have much luck with any other flowers we tried starting indoors, so we're excited that this one made it!
And that's all for now!
cute bedroom setup! i'm still dreaming about a piece to a wooden train, a special book from grandma, and (gulp) a handmade brand-new wood cutting board from my dad (oh, it hurt to say those things!). maybe i should start moving furniture!
ReplyDeleteseriously, furniture moving has many benefits. :)
ReplyDelete