Going back to when Anne was a baby... when she was 6 months old we went on a trip to visit friends at a lower elevation, which really exacerbated her cold symptoms- the poor girl was so stuffy. When we checked on her that night she had taken her dolly and propped her head up on it to use it as a pillow so she could breathe better. Amazing ingenuity for a 6 month old, thought I. Well, she never again slept without that dolly until she was probably at least 3. Seeing the benefit of having a "sleep friend" (Peter didn't have anything- as the books tell you is right, due to SIDS- and he was a terrible sleeper), I introduced a floppy white bear from Marmie (my mom) to Elijah as soon as he was sleeping in the moses basket and not the car seat (another story). Again, he loved it and was a great sleeper, as least at nap time. When I knew we were having twins I started looking for animals for them, even though I knew they would have each other to sleep with for awhile at least. But I couldn't find ANY that I liked. I looked for MONTHS. Sigh. Then one Sunday, shortly before the girls were born (or maybe shortly after- my memory is rather fuzzy these days), an older lady that I've always liked handed me a gift bag which contained the PERFECT little animals for the girls' sleep friends. See? God hears even the prayers we think are so trivial. So Berea has the sheep and Tirzah has the cow.
And they love them. :)
And here's a cute one of the girls at church yesterday...
No comments:
Post a Comment