Thursday, October 28, 2010

Leeks and Looks

I haven't really updated this mostly because I haven't been taking pictures! Also life has been just a little crazy trying to keep my head above water just in trying to keep up with daily life. I'm ignoring the twins pulling DVDs out of my DVD book as I type... But last night I made a REALLY yummy potato/leek soup, using some leeks from our garden. It was so easy and SO good that immediately after dinner I made another batch of it for lunches (and a bowl for dessert for me, while the others had cake!). So here's the recipe, just for the heck of it: 
Melt 2 T of butter (or equivalent) in a med/large pot. Cook one chopped onion and 2 large chopped leeks in the butter till soft. Add 2 T flour and cook about 2 minutes. Slowly add 4 cups chicken stock (or water/chicken bouillon) and 3 med. diced/peeled potatoes. Cook until potatoes are soft- 20-30 minutes. Add one cup of milk, salt and pepper. Eat it now if you like it chunky, or puree it if you like it smooth. I just use my hand plunger mixer; a blender would do a good job though makes a bigger mess. Anyway. It's SO good.
Here are a few pictures that I finally took this morning!


 Tirzah

 They look relatively happy, but looks are deceiving...

 Not so happy after all.

 Berea has started climbing EVERYwhere- up onto the dining room table, in and out of her high chair... Training twins is a lot of work!

 Practicing some computer programming...
I had to bribe the twins with crackers just so they wouldn't scream about having to sit still, but here they all are!

Oh yes! And for Anne's 6th birthday we decided to get Anne's ears pierced!

3 comments:

  1. The telephone of contention...
    I just love your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful earrings! (I'm such a fan of pierced ears...)

    ReplyDelete