Thursday, March 24, 2011

Birthdays and Busyness

We've had a crazy and a half last week or so. Part of the busyness was celebrating my and Christian's birthdays, since they're only 2 weeks apart from each other. 65 years between us this year! Before partying C installed a new loft bed for Anne and we set up toddler beds for the twinsies. Yesterday I finally finished painting it (with the help of Laura and Kale'a!) and got the room basically back together today. Wow, is it girlie! Someday we'll paint the lovely red bed white. Anyhoo, here are some pics.

 We all just dote on baby Kale'a :)


 Grace made two of these amazing tart-things- SOOO yummy.

 Happy Birthday to YOU!


 Uhhh, am I in trouble? (uhhh...yes! just as soon as I'm done taking the picture...)
 What do you get when you cross flour, milk powder, and baking soda? 
(answer: I'm still not sure- I haven't tried baking anything yet with the new "mixes"!)




 Signs of life

 "Palace Rose" Pink. Very pink.

 I put 1-year (ish) old collages together for all my kids- these I printed out from Snapfish and got cheap $5 frames from Wallyworld. Perfect!


 Christian carved this per request of his favorite 6-year old. :)

getting the new garden beds ready!

7 comments:

  1. Oh boy....... double trouble in the kitchen!

    Are those lofts where the beds are? My boys had loft beds, which were great! Except changing the sheets got tiring really quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Christian made both Peter and Anne loft beds (Anne being the most recent)- they love having the space away from the little ones sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three tarts, actually. Just have to be accurate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right! We only have pictures of two of them. That third one was still tasty the next day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ARe those raised garden beds? I am trying those out this year. Do they do well for you?...if that's what they are :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, raised beds. They do work really well for us- Christian double digs the dirt/organic material, so it's nice and loose as well. We also need lots of mulch here due to how dry it is and then to keep the grasshoppers from killing the seedlings in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking loft beds! Nice to have more room, I bet! Happy Birthday to you...I remember you and Lela had close birthdays, a year apart I think.

    ReplyDelete