Thursday, September 20, 2012

Anticipation

Ok, I have nothing really to say right now except, I'm soooooo excited for this weekend! I haven't been on our women's retreat since I was nigh bursting with the twins (Ok, I was about 22 weeks. I thought at the time I was bursting. Little did I know how much skin can REALLY stretch...).

25 weeks along (3 weeks after the retreat)


About 35 weeks along (still had 2 weeks to go!)

 Anyway. I digress.
 Since then our church has started using a Young Life camp's facilities- much closer to home and it's sounds oh-so-much nicer than the other place. There's a sand volleyball court (please someone bring a volleyball?), pool with water slides, hot tub, coffee shop, ropes course (I wish I weren't afraid of heights...), beautiful scenery, SLEEPING IN PAST 5:30, but most of all great friends and soon-to-be friends! Our speaker is a neat lady from Scottsdale Bible that actually did a marriage seminar at our church with her husband. They seemed very genuine and wise and I'm looking forward to gleaning some of that wisdom! Often getting a break brings me home overwhelmed and completely ill-equipped to get back into "real life" of feeding and cleaning up after a family of 7 at least 3 times a day, plus taking care of the animals and other household stuff... I'm hoping to keep the perspective this time about getting a break- not just to have a break- but to recharge for the next year of just LIFE. Christian will be heading off on a long tour next week, so it will not be a time for weakness! Please pray with me that this weekend will be a big encouragement and life-changing for all of the ladies there! (If you remember, you can also pray for Christian who will be trying to learn to milk a goat this weekend on top of taking care of the kids and the house and garden...if anyone can do it, he can! What a man. :) )


1 comment:

  1. Aww. I'm 20% sad about missing out on it. But 80% THRILLED at getting to spend the weekend with my family in our new house!!! Besides, I've got one of those bellies too (closer to the top picture, I'd say) so I couldn't do most of the fun stuff anyway.
    Here's to next year!

    ReplyDelete