Thursday, September 27, 2012

Retreat

Here are a few pictures of the retreat that I stole from a friend since I didn't pack my camera. Oops. Sort of. :) I'm one of those timid photographers that feels weird taking pictures of pretty much anyone but my own kids. Something to work on in the future. Anyhoo...our theme was "More than Conquerors" with the Olympics thrown in here and there in games and funny skits.

The amazingly humorous synchronized swimming skit.


One of my greatest friends, getting a chance to chill.


Lovely bridge/stream


Our group! 
It's was such a neat and encouraging weekend and I came back ready to meet my challenges! 
5:00 yesterday was amazing. I had just sent the boys into the tub, had just started rice for dinner and thawed the chicken, when a friend showed up to borrow a trailer from our backyard, which involved more of my time than I anticipated. By the time I was done with that it was time to milk Nellie. I got back inside and made dinner, remembered to tell the boys to wash up and get out of the tub about 5 min. before dinner was done. As soon as dinner was on the table, Elijah informed me that the twins had just gotten in the tub. So, dinner wasn't very hot and all the clean ones ended up getting chocolate ice cream smeared all over themselves anyway. But you know? God gave me the grace to roll with the punches and it wasn't really a big deal. So thanks for your prayers if you prayed- I think it was the best retreat I've been to- in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment