Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Un-Fall

Well, the season around here is definitely Fall. The leaves are changing and falling, the wind is officially here. With it come the colds and E's occasionally asthma has picked up. Longer nights, less desire to play outside... can get kind of dreary. 


But INside our house we are working on putting leaves ON to a tree! Laura gave me this idea awhile ago and I was too lazy/stressed to act on it. But yesterday Elijah started making leaves and said, "Well, now what do I do with them?" So I cut up an old cardboard box and we have a Thank You Jesus tree to count our blessings (writing them on the leaves)! This way, when Thanksgiving comes, we won't be scrambling for things to say we're thankful for- we will have been actively thinking about it for the last month! Someone Christian knows sent some beautiful maple leaves straight from Boston- they embellish our tree very well, I think. :)

My new life verse (ok for this Season in my life, at least) is Hosea 10:12: 
"Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the LORD, that he may come and rain righteousness upon you."


Just for fun...
 I'm enjoying the diversity of colors (and size!) in the eggs our hens give us.

 Tirzah, the girl who loves cameras.

 Berea, the girl who hates cameras and loves short hair. After she cut it herself, Mama had to rescue it and turn it into a cute layered "do". It brings out her curl at least. :)

 Peter's looking forward to getting the metal out of his mouth in a couple months. :)


 Elijah's turning into an artist and is learning to read!


Our Tribble-girl is due in just 2 weeks!


At Grace's baby shower Anne and I got some hair bling- too much fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment