Tuesday, January 8, 2013

3

I'm being daily reminded of how funny 3 year olds can be! With my three older kids, when they were 3, I always had a little baby (or two) to take care of, so I didn't necessarily appreciate the age as much as I could have. So now that my youngest are 3, I'm having some cob-webby recollections of a very interesting age! But I've never gone through this age with twins- the next couple of years should be...fun! Here are some examples just from today...
Berea, upon waking up this morning decided she wanted to see a picture on our fridge of her and Tirzah when they were newborns. She immediately identified which one was her, even though I can't remember ever telling her. (Later, Tirzah also correctly identified herself) Here's our conversation after looking at the pictures...
Me: Did you have good dreams?
B: Yeah. I dreamed about crocodiles.
Me: Oh! Were they nice crocodiles?
B: No. They bited me and bited me and bited me. And then I was all gone. And then I had holes in my jammies.

Just a couple minutes ago she came up to me with a knock-knock joke:
B: Knock, knock!
Me: Who's there?
B: Turkey.
Me: Turkey who?
B: Crayon.

Ah, three. Hopefully I'll be able to cherish these memories better this time around!


No comments:

Post a Comment