Friday, January 25, 2013

I'm No Superwoman (it's official)



Ok, besides the obvious physical deficiencies differences, I have discovered that there's really not even any point in trying to be Superwoman. A couple weeks ago I thought I could. Wanting to "lighten the load" of my hardworking husband, and maybe feeling a little bit of the ol' "I can do anything he can do" spirit, I spent a few days of really kind of overdoing things... You know, scrubbing bathtubs, splitting wood, carrying and pouring out 50lbs of chicken feed... I was feeling pretty good about how productive I was being. Feeling like I was finally starting to pull some of my own weight around the house. Oh, the lesson I was about to learn that I didn't know I needed to learn! I thought I needed to be more independent and less needy of my husband.
Well.
Wednesday morning is trash day, and wanting to do something else for Christian, I decided to at least get the trash bags ready to take out and put new bags in the cans. Not a big deal, but one less thing for him to do. As I was tightening the knot in the 2nd bag, I felt an amazingly painful something in my lower back and I was stuck. Christian rushed over helped me onto the floor and eventually somehow into bed, where I stayed for 2 days until I could make it to the couch. 
But I became immediately completely dependent on God through Christian in every. single. way. My pride was crushed. While both Christian and I thought life was finally starting to roll again, after a rough season of sickness, God had different plans. His ways are (really) not our ways. I'm grateful for the opportunity to learn to lean wholly on Him. I'm grateful for the sweet cards my kids made me when they thought I was dying. I'm grateful that I'm getting so much more mobility (I even exercised today!). I'm grateful that I have a husband I can depend on, and he doesn't hold it against me (though he is grateful he doesn't have to milk the goat anymore!). 
I'm very grateful, but I'm no Superwoman. 


(P.S. Follow-up on my 31 Day Cleaning thing- I've been on Day 6 for over 2 weeks now- might still be for a couple more!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment