Kate Middleton is in labor! Ok, part of me just is terribly sick of hearing about the royal couple, but part of me is terribly curious along with millions of others people around the world. This royal couple is well-known for being more down to earth than most other "royals"- mingling with the "commoners", doing "common" things like cooking for themselves. And here they are going through the birth process- something women of all classes throughout all the ages have endured. It's just kind of fascinating. I was wondering this morning- why? I think it's because it reminds me of another birth Story- the Story of the greatest King there has ever been- being born, not in the greatest hospital with caterers and wine lists and people waiting on his parents like royalty... but born in a barn to peasants. He deserved full media coverage by the best reporters, instead His agents gave the report of His birth to a group of grungy sheep-herders. Throughout His life, He didn't just "mingle" with the commoners, He was one. By choice. For me and you. Just makes me think. And be grateful. Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I saw a headline- "Not too posh to push!" I've heard she had a totally natural birth, which is pretty cool. And I appreciate your commentary :)
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely. :-) I'm weirdly fascinated by the royals (partly I love anything British!). Thanks for your nice note.
ReplyDelete