Saturday, January 25, 2014

Me the Brave (oh, and the kids)

Sometimes the only thing to be done is to get out of the house. Even if one is afraid of heights, and especially of seeing their children on narrow paths on high places. BUT. For the first time, I actually took all five kids, by myself (is that an oxy moron? "All five kids" and "by myself"? Anyway...) on a hike up a little cinder hill- Old Cave's Crater. It's about a 2 1/2 mile hike when all's told, with a good bit of elevation change. Well, not only did we make it to the top and see the caves and see our itty bitty house way down below, but everyone actually had good attitudes! Berea was the tough one who generally set the pace and was heard saying several times, "Hikers never give up! They keep hiking!" I completely forgot my camera sometime while I was filling water bottles, but I did have my cell phone! Which Andy nicely left a microSD card in, which I coincidentally found a microSD card adapter buried in the desk a few days ago... So I could get my phone pictures onto the computer! Grace and Laura, I'll be sending you a few pictures of your kids soon. :)

 In front of an alligator juniper tree

 Taking turns sitting in the carved out tree trunk chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment