Friday, June 11, 2010

Twin Mix-up

Story: This morning Christian got up with a crying baby. He pulled her out of Tirzah's bed, but lo and behold, it was Berea. My first thought upon hearing this was that maybe Peter got up in the night with them (we don't hear them very well these days with the fan on in our room) and mixed them up. But no, that wouldn't work- he could only get one at a time, and he wouldn't put one back in a bed where there was already a baby...And then I remembered...last night the girls had a really hard time going to sleep- they had cried for an hour almost before we decided to get them up, turn out the lights and try to calm them down. Well, Christian got "Berea" and I got "Tirzah" from their dark room and off we went to the dark living room. Well, I got "Tirzah" calmed down a little and put her back in bed where she started crying again. Repeat scenario with "Berea". Well, eventually they did fall asleep and proceeded to sleep all night. I KNEW I put the babies back in the beds they came from, so it had to have been Christian, who put them both down in the first place. He was recounting to me that he put Berea down first last night because Tirzah was following him down the hall, as it is always Tirzah who follows him. But I distinctly remembered that it was Berea following him, and therein lay the problem. :) And of course that's why the babies were crying so much- they weren't in their own beds with their own stuffed animals! And of course that happened to be the ONE night that we didn't have any lights on when we got them out of bed (we normally at least have one on). Well, lesson #467 on twins learned. :)

2 comments:

  1. Well it was bound to happen at least once right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how observant babies can be! Glad you got it straightened out :)

    ReplyDelete