Wow, this summer is full of adventures! We didn't think we were getting a beach front property when we bought our house almost 3 years ago! We have learned that land that has recently been burned does not absorb water. So the 2 inches of rain that the burn area got today made a mad rush and has taken out several houses, roads, and even one little 12 year old girl's life. We are about two houses down from the drainage stream right now. It seems to be drying up a bit right now, though more rain is predicted in the next few days. So we'll see what happens! Here are a couple pictures...
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
beautiful sunset reflection! We have had our share of close disasters too...floods and hills falling across the road...I guess none of us are exempt...no perfect place to live! Glad you and your house have been spared!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's crazy! I love the last picture. I'm glad you guys are okay. That's sad about the 12 year old.
ReplyDeleteI guess I don't know too much about Flagstaff...I didn't know they even had a monsoon season. Makes sense though with alot of the vegetation gone to absorb the rain. How nice to meet the neighbors though!
ReplyDelete