Monday, January 30, 2012

Southern Nevada

No, we're not on a road trip. But have you ever driven through the southern part of Nevada? On our honeymoon we attempted to drive (in an old, beat up truck/camper) from Yosemite all the way to the north rim of the Grand Canyon in one day. Wow, that was slow. I remember getting excited when I saw a bush a mile or two away on the side of the road. Or if there was a small hill. By the time we got to Cedar City, UT at sunset, right after a monsoon rain, it seemed we were in Paradise (no, we didn't make our destination that day- the Motel 6 was too inviting after spending a few days in the camper!)! I feel like in "our seven's" journey right now we're going through southern Nevada, plodding along, trying to find a measure of joy in the "bushes" we come along. The twins have had colds for about forever and the rest of us (me and Christian) are tryyyyyying to not catch it, while losing more and more sleep every night due to the little stuffy noses. Penny the rabbit did not work out, due mostly to miscommunication with her original owners (or else she reverted to poor behavior in a major way with the move) and my not wanting to take the time to re-train her. So we bribed the kids with Pizza Hut to not be too mad at us and gave her to our neighbors. Christian also decided after MUCH processing and trepidation that what I need (me, not the kids) is a puppy. I could go on for a long time about that, but I won't. So, come March we'll be seeing what puppies are available as well as getting a few little chickies to get our flock back up. Sounds like a good time for Spring break. Anyway, here are a few pictures of our most recent "bushes"...
              
The twins play a real game for the first time- on their own teams.


T wears a "helmet" and makes me smile.


 I make tea. And coffee. And drink EmergenC.



P's indoor cayenne plant has a couple good peppers on it!


The girls go through the boys' dress up tub. Spiderwoman and Mrs. Incredible?


And of course Elijah...what else needs to be said? :)

5 comments:

  1. good post! you should have a day/week in your homeschooling doing Arizona type things in celebration of the centennial anniversary. Ie. make a flag, eat navajo tacos, learn about rattlesnakes, make a map, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of the monkey superhero costume. And I agree wholeheartedly that you should get a puppy. As much as I love our sweet kitty, I am a dog person at heart and would love to have one if they weren't so much work and Cooper and I were home more often. :-) Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice analogy!

    I tried to post on Laura's blog, but it wouldn't let me. Wanted to tell her I had a similar plan years ago and it worked well for several years while I used it! It looks like a good plan for now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement, Aunt Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate, Aimee! I guess everyone can :)
    I think a puppy is a great idea! How fun! I'll have to bring Bash and Rory over to play since a dog is waaaaay far away in the future!

    ReplyDelete