I'm glad I checked e-mail at 7am today. There was a shipping confirmation of our new chicks that we're raising for meat! The e-mail was sent at 2am and said to expect them to arrive at our post office anytime today through Tuesday. Fulling expecting it to be tomorrow sometime (I didn't think our P.O. was even operating on Sundays), I was surprised to get a call 15 minutes later from the post office saying that the chicks were in and they would be closing at 10am! So Christian went out (about 20 min. drive one-way) to pick them up while I hurried to get their food/water/light set up as well as get the rest of us ready for church! And we still made it on time! :) Nothing like a little fun on a Sunday morning...
While these little ones are sooooooo cute now (they only just hatched last night!), they'll be full-grown and ready to eat/freeze in just 8 weeks! We'll take pictures of them every week to log how fast they're growing, just for the fun of it. :)




You better keep Grace away from those peeps
ReplyDeleteIt makes me happier that they are uglier when they get older so you don't feel as bad about eating them.
ReplyDeleteHaha! Yes, they are uglier and also if you let them live too long they start breaking legs and stuff because they get so fat so fast- so really it's kind of merciful. :)
ReplyDeleteI heard some of your kids in the background saying, "how cute!" "so cute and fluffy!" Aww!
ReplyDelete