Sunday, May 20, 2012

Yeah, We're Crazy


What a weekend! 
Friday night we had Kale'a come have a "slumber" party with her cousins. They are officially in top form for girls, staying up way past their bedtime talking!
Saturday afternoon we went to some people's house to look at their goat (in our quest to start a family "dairy"). They had quite the menagerie in their backyard- 4 goats, ducks, chickens, a miniature horse, a gosling, and an alpaca! The goat we were looking at was pretty timid and would only run away from people. But she was in milk already, which was a plus. We left there with chewed up skirts and the fun barnyard smell still lingering to go to our nephew's 1st birthday party!

When we got home in the evening, I made my customary glances through craigslist posting in 3 different cities and saw an ad I hadn't seen before- for two bred does that had been used often in petting zoos and enjoyed people- in the breed we wanted (nigerian dwarf)- and for a good price! Well, these girls happened to be in Tempe- about 3 hours away. But our favorite Auntie Faith and Uncle Gary were coming to visit the next day and they had a truck...so....we made some calls and they picked up the does last night!

P.S. The chicks are now two weeks old and I'm feeling less attached to them every day. I'm pretty sure that's good. 


Sunday. Church. Stopped by CalRanch to pick up some alfalfa. Home for lunch. Decorated for my mom's beach/Hawaii theme birthday party. (This is really big for me. Generally I hang a sign and call it good. Just watching other people put on big "themey" parties makes me tired. I feel very crafty. But with a mom like mine, it's a pleasure to branch out every now and then. :) )

We can't remember when the last time we celebrated her birthday with her was! Probably high school! Everybody showed up and we had fun opening presents and eating REAAALLLY yummy cake (I can't take much credit- it wasn't my recipe, and I didn't dare make any changes- I don't generally have much luck with cakes).







 The birthday gal!

 Oh. Wow. Hot stuff right here. ;) Haha!

 Can't wait to meet the little dude next month!!!!



After most of the festivities were done, Faith and Gary showed up with the girls! For some reason we only have pictures of one. The white one is Belle (she's a first-time mom, due in about a month, so we hear). The black one is Nellie and is due in about a week or two! Hopefully the elevation change doesn't make her go into labor early!








After the BBQ and just about everyone had left, the eclipse started! In this shot, if you look closely, you can actually see the craters in the moon! Super end to a super day!

Oh yes, and we're hampster-sitting Sammy for a couple months. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment