Peter and Christian were supposed to go camping this weekend, but due to craaaazy wind and a forecasted chilly night, they decided to do a day hike at the Canyon, and they also hiked Red Butte (pronounced like you're starting to say beauty...., for those of you who aren't familiar with such a land formation... :) ) Anyway, they had a great time and wrapped it up with fajitas (apparently just disassembled carne asada burritos with peppers added) at Tacos Los Altos. Still sounds tasty to me.
I'm pretty glad I wasn't there, 'cause I would've freaked out a little about where Peter's standing, which is kind of close to the edge of the cliff in this next picture...
The Boids are 3 weeks old now... remember when we first got them, they could fit their head AND wings through these little holes in their enclosure? Time flies when you're having fun...or sitting around doing nothing but getting fat... These birds seriously have no ambition or curiosity outside of their food.
Peter, to Elijah: Mama and Daddy are taking me and Anne to a dance...you wouldn't want to go- there's going to be lots of girls there, and probably smooching.
(What?! They must've gotten this idea from watching Enchanted)
Elijah: Oh. I'll just stay here with Grandma.
Polka-ing Peter
The kids had a blast at the dance! When we were driving home, I asked them how it was different than what they were expecting...
Peter: Oh, I was so glad. I thought it was going to be, like, you know, ballet.
Anne: I was nervous 'cause I thought there would be lots of strangers, and I was kind of scared that some guy might sweep me up (she's heard the phrase 'sweep her off her feet' and didn't know what it meant, other than it often happens at balls...). :)
The next batch of seedling to be put out are growing in soil blocks- the same soil they'll be planted into (hopefully tomorrow, now that the wind has died down!)- and hopefully they'll fare better than other seedlings? These ones are the squash/melons/cucumbers, I think.











No comments:
Post a Comment