Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Quack

Meet Poppins (yes, after Mary)...


...Sir Francis...
 (he's a drake, which means boy, I've learned; girls are called hens; 3 or more together are called a bevy, not a flock)


...Lily...


...and Sniffy Jo! (Berea picked that name)

Our neighbors moved and asked us to take their ducks. So here we are, giving it a shot! They seem to be really good egg layers- each one is laying an egg a day. I'm still pretty weirded out by the idea of eating duck eggs, but I was also pretty weirded out by the idea of eating eggs from my own chickens. So I expect I'll be branching out one of these days. The rest of my family have all tried them and say they don't taste any different from chicken eggs. 
It's fun to hear quacking, though. Who needs to go to a pond now?
And you can officially call Christian a Duckboy (a really funny book)- I'm sure he'd laugh. Really.


No comments:

Post a Comment