Friday, November 16, 2012

Random happenings

So here are a few catch up pictures before the fun of E's b-day party tomorrow and (hopefully) pictures of my new nephew, born this morning!!! In the mean time...


A couple weeks ago (the day Tribble had her babies, actually) Christian took a group of friends on a "tour" to the Canyon, giving them a lot of geologic formation theory. Incidentally he's going to be doing a seminar on it in a few weeks. It's pretty fascinating stuff. Anyway, they hiked down a ways and it was pretty smoky (controlled burns on the rim, I think).


As they were almost done with the hike, they came across some mountain goats!


 I've been working (slowly) on making some advent calendars for a few friends. It tells the story of Jesus, starting in the Garden of Eden. It's a compilation of ideas from the Jesse Tree, the Jesus Storybook Bible, and any old advent calendar.
A copy of the initial sketch, with dimensions, etc.


 Starting to cut it out


The main part is done- now I just need to make all the symbols and paint the dowels that it hangs from! The OT symbols will be placed on the green border, while the NT symbols will make a nativity scene on the blue/green part in the top center. The numbers are pockets that will each hold a symbol.


 Even though it's winter, tutus still abound!


 I could only catch this smile from B because she had been sticking out her tongue and thought she was pretty silly. Which she is. :)


Elijah is SIX! We got him a few small tools and a tool bag to help him be excited about more "productive" things, shall we say. It worked. He got up at 5:30 this morning to find something to work on.


Builder brothers


I don't foresee a career in construction for this one...


But she did finally lose her first top tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment