I woke up this morning and my digital thermometer said -11! This was quite shocking as I didn't feel cold in the least! Then I remembered my read-out display had gone buggy and actually part of the four was cut off, so it was actually 41 degrees. Much better. After a so-so night's sleep (Tirzah kept me company at various points throughout the night and woke up early, so I didn't have much chance to feel too lonely), our day started out great. Then by late morning I was having anger issues with certain boys complaining and not working and bothering other siblings... Sigh. So after sucking up the pride, apologizing and getting things back on the right track, things started going better again. Peter even got out of taking a Science test, since I hadn't realized the test was for 2 chapters instead of one (new curriculum to me), so we just got to start the next chapter instead! Tirzah actually sat still long enough for me to put to little pony tail/bun thingies in her hair for the first time! Berea didn't have quite the patience. I wish there were barrettes that REALLY didn't fall out. I found some that work fairly well, but when you're fighting against the twins taking out each other's barrettes, and not just their own, it tends to be a losing battle. Then we got to go visit the Vaughans and the Fitts since the Fitts are taking off tomorrow for another 10 months or so in the middle east. More good-byes. :( So we focus on something else- playground at the mall tomorrow with cousin Ransom, Grandma and Grandpa (Young) coming back soon, getting to see Marmie (Vaughan) in four months! Lots of things to look forward to! And I get to watch as much Psych as I want to in the evenings! We don't normally watch anything, we don't get any channels- occasionally we'll put on a Jeeves and Wooster or Sherlock Holmes, or if C's feeling particularly generous maybe a Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers. :) So I'll get in a few things that he doesn't care for while he's gone and get it out of my system. Here are a few pictures from today and here's to a good night's sleep!
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How sad that you're husbandless! But way to make the most of it Aimee! I hope the days go fast for you!
ReplyDelete