Thursday, September 30, 2010

Daddy, Germs and Birthdays

None of those are particularly related, they are just things that have taken precedence in our lives the last few days! We are oh-so-glad to have Daddy home! He got back Sunday afternoon, just in time for Berea to come down with a fever which lasted through Tuesday night (which means we haven't been getting much sleep!). This is how she looked all day Tuesday, poor thing. Now Christian and I are fighting off colds of some sort...
But I digress. Christian took work off Monday, so we took off a day of school and celebrated "Daddy Day", which consisted of going over to Grandma's house and hanging out, lunch and playtime at Del Taco, and Peter getting a birthday present for Anne at Walmart. It was nice and relaxing and just fun being a family. Then we had Anne's birthday- I still can't believe she's six! She got to invite a friend and then all her family and family-like friends (she still calls her family her "friends" incidentally- which I think is great).
 The amazing ladybug cake

 I gave Anne this African outfit that I got when I was little- I think it fits her better than it ever fit me. :)

 Berea enjoying the ginormous gift bag from Auntie Grace and Uncle Andy
 The amazing ladybug looks a little creepy in candlelight



 
Anne and Emerald

1 comment:

  1. Anne looks so grown up! And the amazing cake does look a little scary all lit up :-)

    ReplyDelete